The UK Data Archive is committed to following agreed best standards and good
practice in web design and usability. The underlying code of the UK Data Archive
web site achieves compliance with level 3(AAA) W3C guidelines for XHTML and
Cascading Style Sheets, conforms to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and is
SENDA compliant. Where this is not feasible or practical, an alternative method will
be provided for users to obtain the assistance they need from user support
XHTML and accessibility standards
UK Data Archive pages are compatible with the following standard browsers:
- Firefox 3.0
- Internet Explorer 7.0
- Opera 9.0
- resizeable text - to resize the text, follow instructions specific to the browser being used, e.g. for Internet Explorer 7.0
go to 'View' and select 'Text Size' and select the appropriate size text
- print-friendly pages - available from the link at the top left of each page
- search web site or search for data - available at the top right of each page
- A-Z index of all UK Data Archive web pages
UK Data Archive/ESDS registration requires that cookies are accepted on your PC. The most common reason for
not being able to log on is that cookies are being blocked on your PC.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is automatically stored on a computer within a web browser. UK Data Archive/ESDS
to allow users to move from one resource to another.
You can check whether your computer is set up to accept cookies or change the settings using the following instructions:
- Firefox 3.0: Go to 'Tools' -> 'Options' -> 'Privacy' -> 'Cookies'
- Internet Explorer 7.0: Go to 'Tools' -> 'Internet Options' -> 'Privacy' -> 'Advanced Level' and select 'Accept cookies'
- Opera 9.0: Go to 'Tools' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Advanced' -> 'Cookies'
Help for users
The UK Data Archive will provide help and support to any users having difficulties using the web site. Contact the
The UK Data Archive is very keen to get feedback from users. Please email
with comments or suggestions.